The Railway Enthusiasts Society Inc (The Society)
By completing the booking form and requesting that a booking be made on the basis of the excursion advice or brochure and itineraries relating to the booking, intending passengers acknowledge and agree that when their booking is accepted by the The Railway Enthusiasts Society Inc (“The Society”), they, and all passengers included in their group covered by the booking are bound by the Society’s conditions of booking and travel as follows:
- The Society, The Glenbrook Vintage Railway Charitable Trust Board, and all owners, employees and operators of any aircraft, locomotives, carriages and ancillary vehicle, road coaches, ships or other equipment used on or in connection with this rail excursion or tour accept no responsibility for injury, medical expenses, loss or damage howsoever caused and whether insured or not, to passengers or their belongings travelling on this excursion or tour, including consequential claims and expenses.
- The Society reserves the right to substitute the form and types of motive power that it’s Officers in their absolute discretion determine to be necessary, subject to availability, mechanical condition or any other factors and to vary schedules, including departure and arrival times and places, as may be required to meet operating requirements.
- The Society accepts no responsibility for any consequences of late running or varied schedules, including missed connections, however efforts will be made to keep passengers informed of any such changes or variations, the reasons for them, and steps being taken to meet passengers reasonable expectations.
- Each booking accepted by The Society is subject to a $20 non refundable booking fee if a refund is later requested and made. However no booking fee will apply where refunds arise as a consequence of the excursion or tour being fully booked, cancelled prior to commencing, or postponed to a later date and the refund application is received within four days of the original excursion date.
- No refunds will be given in the event of breakdown en route or unavailability of the advertised means of conveyance.
- No refunds will be made if after departure, for whatever reason, passengers do not utilise the included excursion or tour arrangements. Travel insurance may provide some degree of relief in limited cases.
- No refunds of fares paid or any other form on recompense will be given as a result of any person missing any aircraft, train, bus or ferry etc on this excursion or tour for whatever reason.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations unless the request is notified in writing to the Society at least fourteen clear days before commencement of the excursion. Each such cancellation will be subject to the $20 booking fee deduction per booking.
- Passengers will be responsible for their own luggage and possessions at all times, including moving them to and from buses, trains, hotels, ferries, airports.
- Passengers with disabilities requiring nursing or special attention must arrange for a companion attendant to travel with them. Society Officers and other passengers must not and cannot be expected to undertake such responsibilities on a continuing basis.
- Where registrations of interest are sort each will be dated upon receipt by The Society and the deposit retained until the excursion date is confirmed. Respondents who have expressed their interest will be notified in order that the expression was received. They can exercise their option to complete their booking by making final payment outstanding for their booking and thus reserve their seat(s) on the train. In the event that the confirmed trip date is unsuitable to the registrant, the The Society will fully refund the deposit paid for that booking. Any such freed booking will then be offered to the next unfulfilled booking request on the list until the train seating capacity has been fully allocated.