Glenbrook Vintage Railway Charitable Trust Board (GVR)
Terms and Conditions of Carriage
- Online bookings for Normal Operating Days and Special Events are non-refundable but are however transferable once only from the preferred date of travel to an alternative date. A Normal Operating Day booking may not be transferred to a Special Event date. All bookings become non-transferable at the end of the current operating season which ends on the Monday of Queens Birthday Weekend.
- Your booking requires validation before travel at the ticket office located on the Glenbrook Station platform at which time a souvenir ticket(s) will be issued for travel on the train
- All passengers must be in possession of a valid ticket. Tickets are valid for the day of issue only.
- All seats on our regular services are un-reserved and we suggest validation of your booking at least 20 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- No person shall attempt or do any act which may risk his/her own safety, the safety of any other person, or the safe operation of the Railway. Any request or direction by a representative of the GVR must be followed.
- The GVR reserves the right to refuse carriage to any person.
- The GVR assumes no responsibility whatsoever to any person for loss, damage, or injury, to property, chattels, apparel or persons, however caused, including consequential claims and expenses.
- Timetables are subject to change without notice of any kind.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult/ parent/care-giver, who are reminded of their obligations to adequately supervise and control those in their care.
- Smoking is prohibited on any rail vehicle or in any building, at any time.
- The vintage carriages have steps and narrow doorways limiting access for prams etc. Fold up strollers can be accommodated, but must not protrude into the aisle.
- Disabled passengers confined to a wheelchair may be accommodated in a suitable carriage normally available on the train and this carriage will be accessed by a ramp. Please ask station staff for assistance on arrival. Only Glenbrook and Victoria Avenue (Waiuku) stations have high level platforms enabling wheelchair access to the train. If alighting at Victoria Avenue (Waiuku) station, please inform the train crew as this station does not have a full length platform. Disabled passengers with limited mobility may have difficulties negotiating the steps into the carriage. Again, please ask the station staff for assistance.
- The GVR reserves the right to substitute the form and type of motive power if for any reason it deems this to be necessary.
- No person shall deposit or discard any litter except in the receptacles provided for the purpose.