|Withdrawn from Service:
|Length over Headstocks:
||56 feet (15.2 metres)
||8 feet 11 itches (2.7 metres)
||27 ton 10cwt (28 tonnes)
A 1926 Pukeoware – D. J. Maciulaitis photo
Built at the Otahuhu Workshops, Auckland as a single compartment second class carriage seating 56
passengers with two lavatories one at either end of the carriage. It weighed in at 27ton 10cwt.
After only 3 months in Wellington, A 1926 was transferred to the Auckland district for use on services to
During use in suburban service A 1926 was given the Traffic Monitoring System identification of A56402.
In November 1984 when a guards compartment was fitted the carriage became AL56112.
AL56112 was withdrawn from service and purchased by the Railway Enthusiast Society for use on
Mainline Excursions on the KiwiRail network.
In 2008 AL56112 was sent for refurbishment to the Hutt workshops, Wellington.